Ngorongoro conservation area authority
Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority was established in 1959 after the Ngorongoro Conservation Area Ordinance of 1959 act no 413 where Ngorongoro conservation Area was designated and declared to be Multiple land use area. The main aim of the Ngorongoro conservation Authority is to promote, protect and conserve the natural resources of Ngorongoro Conservation Area for the benefit of Tourism and future generations
Ngorongoro conservation Area is one of the most unique areas where humans leave together in good harmony with the wildlife with no interferences or any negative impact on any side. According to the 1959 Ordinance, the main feature of Ngorongoro conservation Area is the Ngorongoro crater and the vast open endless plains of Serengeti national park that inhabit over 2 million migratory animals along the Serengeti Mara ecosystem. For one to visit the park for a safari to ngorongoro crater, at least they should know a thing or two about Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority .
Ngorongoro conservation Area Authority Vison statement
Ngorongoro conservation Area Authority like any other governing body has set their key objectives, vision and mission in order to fully get their success fully achieved.
“Self-World Heritage Site that provides sustainable benefits for Ngorongoro Conservation Area indigenous residents, Tanzanians and guarantees protection of natural, cultural and archaeological resources for global” community”
“The mission that highlights the key objectives of the organization is one of the key pillars for the determination of the future and success of the Authority”.
Mission of Ngorongoro conservation Area Authority
The Ngorongoro conservation Area Authority will cooperate with Ngorongoro conservation Area indigenous residents to professionally conserve the natural and historical resources while providing social services to the residents, staff and visitors. The mission of Ngorongoro conservation Area Authority is to strive to maintain the status of Ngorongoro conservation Area as a world Heritage Site as well as an Eighth wonder of the world through:
- Professionally manage natural, cultural and archaeological resources
- Provision of optimal and legitimate social services to Ngorongoro conservation Area indigenous residents
- Maintain committed and highly qualified staff
- Provision of high quality tourism services
- Formulation and implementation of appropriate policies and
- Developing partnership with local, regional and international stakeholders.
The Ngorongoro conservation Area Authority always strives to achieve its major key vison, implementation of the vision statement through following the under lined core values that are listed below:
- Accountability to the stake holders
- Valuing people
Those three key values are the ones the Ngorongoro conservation Area Authority is following so as to achieve its vison and mission as visible to the community not just documented and paper work alone.
Ngorongoro conservation Area Authority objectives
The Authority has key objectives they aim to achieve, below are our key objectives
- To promote tourism within the conservation Area and to provide and encourage the provision of facilities and infrastructure necessary or expedient for the promotion of tourism
- To promote and regulate the development of forestry within the conservation Area
- To conserve and develop the natural resources of the conservation Area
- To safeguard and promote the interests of Maasai citizens of the United Republic engaged in Cattle ranching and dairy industry within the conservation Area
- To construct such roads, bridges, aerodromes, buildings and fences, to provided such water supplies and carry out such other works and activities as the board of Directors may consider necessary for the purpose of the development and protection of the Conservation Area.
- To do all such acts and things which in the option of the board may be necessary to uphold and support the credit of the Ngorongoro conservation Area and justify the public confidence and to avert minimise any loss to the Authority
- To enter in to transaction which in the option of the board is calculated to facilitate the proper and efficient exercise by the Authority and its functions under this act which includes:
- The establishment of branches within United Republic or elsewhere
- Carrying out all the activities of Ngorongoro conservation Area in participation with any other person
- The acquisition by agreement of the interests’ in companies and firms engaged in activities which the Ngorongoro conservation Area may lawfully be engaged under this act or the continuance of the business of such companies and firms
The authority has also set some key rules on the multiple land use. This philosophy in the area is to maintain good relationship and good co-existence of human and wildlife in natural and traditional setting at Ngorongoro conservation Area. The local Maasai people are pastoralists who do some small scale farming and this all use natural resources for their survival hence making engagement of the locals in to the act of resource conservation very much important especially water pools where both wildlife and humans get water from.
The Authority has played a vital role in the conservation and protection of Ngorongoro conservation Area the only protected area in Africa where wildlife and humans leave peacefully sharing their resources well.