Packing list for Ngorongoro Crater safari is important to consider for any person looking to embark on a safari in Ngorongoro Conservation Area. Ngorongoro Conservation Area Tanzania is one of the 2 most sought after Tanzania national parks that travelers on Africa safari tours look to enjoy while on a Tanzania safari tour any time of the year. Ngorongoro Conservation Area is a beautiful Tanzania national park that has the Ngorongoro crater which is a collapsed mountain now a caldera inhabiting a variety of wildlife including all the big 5 animals among so many others.
Ngorongoro Conservation Area is a highland-like area given it was formerly a mountain that erupted and collapsed. With this in mind temperatures in the area can be very cold especially in the evenings and early morning, irrespective of the season of travel.
As you plan your Tanzania safari Ngorongoro Crater Tanzania, below is a guide of the packing list for Ngorongoro Crater safari;
As you plan for your Ngorongoro Crater Tanzania safari, colour of your clothing is important. Light colors of khaki and forest green is recommended, and not bright colour, so as to easily blend with nature.
- Long sleeved shirts as well as trousers, given the temperatures in Ngorongoro Conservation Area especially in the night and early mornings. The long sleeved shirts and trousers are also useful to keep the mosquitoes away and protect you from the scotching sun.
- 1 or 2 casual but smart dinner wear especially if staying in 4 or 5 star lodges/camps like Ngorongoro Lodge by Melia, Ngorongoro Serena Lodge and others among other accommodation in Ngorongoro Conservation Area.
- Shorts for especially during the safari game drives
- Thermal underwear, rain jacket or fleece jacket or warm sweater
- Wide brimmed hat or safari hat. This is to protect your face from the sun
- A good pair of comfortable sneakers or trail runners are recommending, well fitting. Only consider lighter shoes given you would not be hiking.
- Flip-flops or sandals fit for your relaxation time
- Soap, toothpaste, shampoo and hair conditioner should be packed. Most lodges and camps however do provide these items.
- After-sun lotion
- Insect repellent
- Hand Sanitizer
- All other necessary medicines like anti-malarial drugs as per your need and prescribed by your physician
Tech and Gadgets
- Charger and enough batteries
- Enough memory cards
- Universal plug converters
As you look to come to your Ngorongoro Crater Tanzania safari, make sure to have proper document to enter Tanzania. Below are the necessary documents to carry that you can enter Tanzania for your Ngorongoro Crater safari any time of the year.
- Valid Passport. Be sure to have a valid passport with a minimum of 6 months prior to entry.
- Valid yellow fever health card. Be sure that it shall be asked for at the airport as you enter Tanzania.
- Valid visa. Apply for your Tanzania visa in time that you can get it for your travel time; visa on arrival is for select countries
As you pack for your Ngorongoro Crater Tanzania safari, packing right is important. Having the right packing list, as well as storage spaces is important. Backpacks, waterproof duffel bags, day pack, zip lock bags are to be considered. Do not carry hard-case bags and suitcases.
Important to note as you pack is that most flights have a luggage limit of 15kgs per person including carry-on bags and thus packing light is encouraged.