Rules and regulations in Ngorongoro Crater are the various guidelines to follow while in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area for a safari. Ngorongoro Conservation Area is one of the most visited and sought after Tanzania safari destinations that travelers from all over the world visit for amazing wild game viewing. Ngorongoro Conservation Area is located in the northern circuit of Tanzania. The northern circuit of Tanzania is found in the northern part of Tanzania, incorporating some of the most amazing and sought after Tanzania national parks including the world famous Serengeti National Park, as well as Tarangire National Park, Lake Manyara National Park, all of which are amazing wild game viewing destinations in Tanzania.
Ngorongoro Conservation Area is the second most famous and sought after Tanzania safari destination, after the Serengeti National Park. Ngorongoro Conservation Area is famous for hosting the Ngorongoro Crater which is the largest inactive caldera in the world, and over 25,000 animals including all the big 5 animals. Animals in Ngorongoro Conservation Area that travelers can see include lions, leopards, elephants, buffalos, black rhinos, zebras, antelopes, wildebeests, among so many others. Ngorongoro Conservation Area is one beautiful Tanzania destination that it is referred to as the “Garden of Eden”.
Given the beauty and amazing attractions in Ngorongoro Crater, along with a variety of activities that travelers can enjoy like game drives, Ngorongoro Crater drives, guided walking safaris, horseback riding, among so many others, more and more travelers do visit the Ngorongoro Crater for a true wilderness experience.
While on Ngorongoro Crater safaris, there are a number of rules and regulations in Ngorongoro Crater that travelers ought to heed. Below are the various Ngorongoro Crater rules and regulations to follow while in Ngorongoro Conservation Area;
- Opening and closing hours of the Ngorongoro Conservation Area are 0600 hours and 1800 hours respectively, except for the Seneto Descent Gate which ought to close at 1600 hours. Travelers are advised to plan their travel and movements correctly lest they are inconvenienced.
- Keep to authorized roads and track while in Ngorongoro Conservation Area. Off-track driving is prohibited, unless authorized by park officials.
- Maintain a 25km per hour speed limit while in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. This is to protect the wild game which freely moves in the conservancy.
- Only safari vehicles equipped with standard safari equipment are allowed in Ngorongoro Conservation Area. Equipment to have include heavy-duty jack, chain or rope, shovel or hoe, and an axe or panga.
- Not more than 5 safari vehicles should be around an animal or kill. It is advised to take turns while viewing animals should there be many safari vehicles at the time.
- All visitors to Ngorongoro Conservation Area must be accompanied by a licensed guide.
- Vegetation in Ngorongoro Conservation Area that is standing must not be damaged or removed, other than removal for firewood.
- While camping in Ngorongoro Conservation Area, be sure to put off the fire correctly and carefully. Campfires must not damage vegetation, must not be allowed to spread and must be extinguished completely after use.
- Do not litter in the conservancy. Keep every rubbish with you until you can access a dustbin.
- Domestic animals including dogs are not allowed in Ngorongoro Conservation Area. Ngorongoro Conservation Area is home to wildlife, and should be kept as such.
- Do not disturb or remove geological or archaeological deposits within the Oldupai Gorge in Ngorongoro Conservation Area.
- Do not make noise while in the Ngorongoro Crater, especially when viewing animals in close proximity.
- Never feed animals in Ngorongoro Crater. This upsets their diet and can lead to unnecessary dependence on people.
- Animals in Ngorongoro Conservation Area have the right of way. Be sure to leave the animals freely use the park, including crossing at their pace.
- Picnicking and camping should be done in designated sites only.
- Do not smoke while on Ngorongoro Crater drives. Smoking should be done in designated areas only, in your camp or lodge f stay. Be sure to properly put off the cigarette after use.
- Use of drones is highly prohibited in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area.
Ngorongoro Conservation Area is a beautiful Tanzania safari destination that travelers can visit all throughout the year for amazing wild game viewing opportunities, travelers after seeing all the African big 5 animals should best visit the Ngorongoro Crater.